Best Movies of All Time + [mystery]

Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet is a 1986 American mystery thriller film written and directed by David Lynch. The movie exhibits elements of both film noir and surrealism. The film stars Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Dennis Hopper and Laura Dern. The title is taken from The Clovers' 1955 song of the same name. Although initially detested by some mainstream critics, the film is now widely acclaimed, and earned Lynch his second Academy Award nomination for Best Director.

Roy Orbison's "In Dreams"

A candy colored clown they call the sandman
Tiptoes to my room everynight
Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper
Go to sleep, everything is alright
I close my eyes then I drift away
Into the magic night I softly say
A silent prayer like dreamers do
Then I fall asleep to dream
My dreams of you

In dreams I walk with you
In dreams I talk with you
In dreams you're mine
All of the time with you
Ever in dreams, in dreams

But just before the dawn
I awake and find you're gone
I can't help it, I can't help it if I cry
I remember that you said goodbye
It's too bad that all these things
Can only happen in my dreams
Only in dreams
In beautiful dreams

Blue Velvet by Miss Dorothy Valence (Isabella Rossellini)

Dorothy Valence's first song in the Slow Club.

Second Blue Velvet by Isabella Rossellini (Miss Dorothy Valence)

She wore Blue Velvet
Bluer than velvet was the night
Softer than satin was the light
From the stars

She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet were her eyes
Warmer than May her tender sighs
Love was ours

Ours a love I held tightly
Feeling the rapture grow
Like a flame burning brightly
But when she left gone was the glow of

Blue Velvet
But in my heart there'll always be
Precious and warm a memory through the years
And I still can see Blue Velvet through my tears

My Rating of this Movie: 8/10 [thanks for Isabella Rossellini and Roy Orbison's song]

The film received critical acclaim in the United States, with one critic claiming Blue Velvet would "cause a sensation" upon its theatrical release. The film was included in The New York Times "10 Best Films of 1986" upon its release. Paul Attanasio of The Washington Post said "the film showcases a visual stylist utterly in command of his talents" and that Angelo Badalamenti "contributes an extraordinary score, slipping seamlessly from slinky jazz to violin figures to the romantic sweep of a classic Hollywood score", but claimed that Lynch "isn't interested in communicating, he's interested in parading his personality. The movie doesn't progress or deepen, it just gets weirder, and to no good end."