Best Movies of All Time + [skincare]

Review: Olivia Rose Cosmetics

Olivia Rose Cosmetics

The Daily Protection Day Cream, and the Beauty Rest Night Cream (by Olivia Rose Cosmetics)

Happy August, everyone! A few weeks ago I was given the chance to try out and review two products from Olivia Rose Cosmetics — the Daily Protection Day Cream, and the Beauty Rest Night Cream. Before I get to talking about the products, I just wanted to let you know a bit about the company.

Olivia Rose Cosmetics was started by a new mother who became aware of the toxic chemicals in beauty products (toxic preservatives, chemical emulsifiers, synthetic dyes, etc), and set out to create real healthy, natural products for herself and her family. According to the About Us page: "Our products are made with minimal processing to insure we preserve the delicate nature of our Raw ingredients."

As someone who has blogged about my sensitive skin before, this is something I can really get behind! I'm constantly nervous about products making my face red, itchy, or causing breakouts. So, let's talk about the products! I felt prepared for the morning and the night, as I was sent the Daily Protection cream (day) and Beauty Rest (night).

According to the site, here's the description of the Daily Protection cream:
Nourishing oils provide excellent moisturizing properties while deeply penetrating into the skin to deliver essential vitamins and nutrients needed for a healthy complexion. Rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental pollutions, as well as damage caused by UV radiation. Minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and improve Skin's appearance for a more radiant complexion.

I felt that the consistency of the product was more like a lotion than a rich cream, but that actually worked for me. I'm usually very worried about putting cream on my face because my face gets oily-looking and shiny very soon after application. However, this product sunk into my skin immediately and made my skin feel very soft and supple. The directions instruct you to apply the product in small circular motions to "warm product into skin for maximum absorption." I did actually feel a kind of warming while rubbing it in, and it was very pleasant. I've worn this product alone some mornings, and as a base under foundation on other times. It doesn't irritate my skin, so it's been a pleasant addition to my morning routine!

The Beauty Rest night cream is equally lovely, and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels very soft. Here's the description from the site:
Rejuvenate your Skin with this intense blend of essential vitamins and nutrients. Rich in antioxidants to fight free radicals and help repair damaged skin. Helps lock in moisture and smooth away fine lines and wrinkles. Improves circulation and helps restore your Skin's radiant complexion.

This has been especially nice to use at night because at night time is also when I use my acne products, which often dry out my skin (around the nose / chin, especially). I was assured that these products would not cause my acne to flare up. Through correspondence with Ariana D'Agostino at Olivia Rose Cosmetics, I learned that "both the day cream (Daily Protection) and the night cream (Beauty Rest) contain jojoba oil which will help regulate the sebum production (oil) on your skin. Also the are they both have anti-inflammatory properties which will help." The list of natural ingredients used can be found here. Isn't it amazing, the properties of natural ingredients? Of course, you should always use caution trying out new products with ingredients your skin is not used to. I, however, did not find any problems with using the day OR night cream!

So yes, I really enjoyed trying out the products from Olivia Rose Cosmetics. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the summer knowing my skin will look beautiful and soft, and of course — be healthy! Are you interested in trying out the products I've tested? You can order them from the website. Also, like the Oliva Rose Cosmetics Facebook page to keep up-to-date with the brand!

Do you use products with natural ingredients? Why or why not? What intrigues you most about the Olivia Rose line? Thanks so much to Olivia Rose Cosmetics for sending me the Daily Protection and Beauty Rest cream to test out! I really appreciate it (and my skin does, too)!