Best Movies of All Time + [recipe]

Great Recipe: Baked Chicken with Orange Juice

Orange Juice Chicken

Orange Juice Chicken

Yesterday I defrosted some chicken and debated how I should cook it. Should I bread it? Make a marinade? I ended up locating this great recipe for Baked Chicken with Orange Juice, and I had to give it a try. I ended up using a bit more brown sugar than is called for (personal taste - I love sweet things!), and it came out so well! Moist and juicy. So glad I have some leftovers for dinner tonight!

Orange Juice Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in halves
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I used slightly less)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into bits
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice, plus extra
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed dark brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Rub the chicken breast halves with dijon mustard and place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour orange juice around and on top of the chicken. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, turn over. Baste with juice and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake 15 - 20 minutes more, until golden. You can add more juice to the pan if it's dry.

Remove chicken to a serving platter. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and boil, stirring until reduced to a thicker syrup. Serve on top of the chicken. This should serve 2 - 4 people, depending on portion size!